Book Title: 100 Facts Ancient Egypt
Author: Crispin Boyer
Format: Paperback | 48 pages
Publication Date: 15 Aug 2015
100 Facts Ancient Egypt is bursting with exactly 100 awesome facts, mind-blowing images and fun activities to help children aged 6-10 years learn everything they need to know about the ancient world of Egyptians.
- Specially commissioned images to bring history to life.
- Supports history topics at key stage 1 and key stage 2.
- Fun activities and amazing facts throughout to help the information seem less daunting.
Synopsis - Product details
100 Facts Ancient Egypt covers all key topics about ancient Egypt for kids in interesting numbered facts. Amazing information is accompanied by fantastic illustrations and photographs that put unbelievable facts into context for young learners. One of our bestselling ancient Egypt books for kids aged 6-10 years, this title is perfect for school projects.
Topics covered in 100 Facts Ancient Egypt:
- Pharaohs such as Tutankhamun and Ramesses II.
- The building of the Great Pyramids of Giza.
- The art of mummification, including wrapping bodies and bottling organs.
'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Ancient Egyptians had three different calendars.
- Temple visitors had to shave off their hair and eyebrows before they were allowed to enter the sacred buildings!
- Fly swatters made from giraffe tails were a popular fashion item in ancient Egypt!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive:
- Make a magic eye charm using modelling clay.
- Quiz question: Where was the first step pyramid built?
- Write your name in hieroglyphics using the guide in this book.